Monday, December 14, 2009

Walking in a Winter Wonderland




I don't have much time to post, Christmas is almost upon us..and I am trying to keep the kids focused on school for one more week (while visions of sugarplums dance in their heads..hee hee) so we can be at a great stopping place in our unit studies.


We went out tree hunting yesterday, and I could not resist some winter pictures. Our weather has been unusual lately, in that we have had heavy fog trapping cold air in the woods, and causing frost build-up on the trees. We also have not had any new snow, to cover up the frost or cause the trees to droop. Then, the temps have been low, around ten degrees, so that made the sky very VERY blue! So beautiful. All of that delicate frost elegantly adorning our trees. I'm an Alaskan-born girl, and after living here my whole life, I still never tire of our scenery.





















Its truly like walking in a winter wonderland.

4 comments:

Cindy Loven said...

wow it is gorgeous...

Kim said...

Oh, my! Those are absolutely gorgeous. We haven't had any blue sky, because of low cloud cover and out-and-out FOG, so I just love how you've captured winter. Beautiful!

Brandy said...

You have the MOST amazing photos ever!! I SOOOOO want to visit you in Alaska!! What a beautiful area!!

Amanda said...

That is beautiful. I wouldn't want to experience it though unless there was a window between me and it and I had plenty of hot tea...