Tuesday, September 29, 2009

My Neighbor's Dog

This is Buddy. He is a big part of our life, but he's not our dog. He belongs to our neighbor. He was her husband's dog, and his best "bud" too. Her husband died of a heart attack last winter, and oh boy, was Buddy ever sad. He grieved for months, and searched everywhere.





Chena walks him for our neighbor, so three times a day he comes to play with us, and we love him alot. I decided to "sneak" him out in the woods and take some photos of him, as a gift for our friend, his owner.



He posed pretty well, and he is such a handsome boy. I printed the picture and gave it to her, and she was super excited. We are always looking for ways to bring a bit of a smile to her face.

Good boy, Bud.


6 comments:

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

OH!!! He is so so gorgeous!


Gorgeous photo! I'm sure he is supper happy to have a walking buddy...

Kim said...

What a beautiful pic! Makes me a bit sniffly, because as a kid, we had a wonderful dog named Chinook who looked just like Buddy.

Kathy B! said...

What a gorgeous shot. I hope it brings a smile to your neighbors place every time she looks at it.

Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

It is a small world, isn't it?!

Mere said...

He is so handsom!!! I love him just by looking at your fabulous pics!! I'm sure your neighbor really appreciates Chena's help!! What a kind spirit y'all must have. I've missed you!!

Love, Mere

Anonymous said...

You are such good neighbors! I remember reading about your dear neighbor. That is wonderful you are able to help out his wife and make Buddy feel extra loved! Cute puppy dog!

Wingnut said...

Love it and him!!!