Wednesday, December 24, 2008

This is one of my very favorite songs, and I love this video! Imagine being the mother to our Savior. She washed his face, sang to him, cuddled him and comforted him when he was scared or hurt. I just love to imagine it all.

A few tips: before you watch, scroll all the way down and adjust the volume on my player, so James Taylor will be quiet while you watch! Then, allow the video to start but let it load a few minutes. Then drag the red line back to start and enjoy.



Mary, did you know That your baby boy will one day walk on water?
Did you know That your baby boy will save our sons and daughters?
Did you know That your baby boy has come to make you new?
This child that you’ve delivered Will soon deliver you

Mary, did you know
That your baby boy will give sight to a blind man?
Did you know
That your baby boy will calm a storm with his hand?
Did you know
That your baby boy has walked where angels trod?
And when you kiss your little boy
You’ve kissed the face of god?

Mary, did you know?
The blind will see
The deaf will hear
And the dead will live again
The lame will leap
The dumb will speak
The praises of the lamb

Mary, did you know
That your baby boy is lord of all creation?
Did you know
That your baby boy will one day rule the nations?
Did you know
That your baby boy is heaven’s perfect lamb?
This sleeping child you’re holding
Is the great I am?

3 comments:

Lori said...

That was so moving! I've always loved that song but to see it put to that video...wow! Goose bumps!

I want to show everyone this video!

Happy Birthday Jesus!

Denise K. said...

Thank you Geri for sharing this beautiful video and song on our Savior's birthday! It was so moving and I will be anxious to share it with our children too!

How excited I was to read your wonderful Christmas letter and see the adorable photo of the girls and Mukluk! Thank you so much for sharing your encouraging words with me, and for always lifting me up when I am feeling sad and fearful. You are such a special blogger friend, and I pray that one day we will be able to meet you, so I can give you a BIG hug and tell you so in person!

With love and friendship,
Denise :-)

Jess :) said...

What a great song! Very beautiful! :D
I also love that you KNEW that James Taylor would be playing at that moment even though you have a whole playlist going. ;)